What we do
Our Services and Sectors
We offer acoustic design consultancy services that encompass all aspects of architectural acoustics, including:
- Internal noise level control
- Airborne and impact sound insulation
- Reverberation control
- Building services noise control
We operate across a range of sectors including:
- Mixed-use Developments
We can provide expertise throughout the entire design and construction process, which could include:
- early stage acoustic design guidance such as layout planning to avoid the need for very high sound reduction between spaces and initial acoustic performance requirements for internal surface finishes;
- detailed acoustic design advice such as attenuator performance specifications to control building services noise and selecting partition constructions to achieve the required sound insulation performance; and
- support during the construction stage, which might involve advising on changes to construction details that could influence acoustic performance and carrying out site inspections of important architectural or structural elements.
We have strong connections with other acoustic specialists across the UK and work in partnership with individual technical experts and acoustic consultancies where necessary, allowing us to work on projects of a range of sizes and in various locations.
Sustainable development of the built environment has become widespread over the past 30 years, to the point where sustainable building design, construction and operation are now routinely expected. We have a great deal of experience in helping clients achieve their desired ratings within sustainability certification frameworks, such as LEED and BREEAM. The achievement of acoustic comfort within buildings and minimising noise pollution from buildings are established parts of these sustainability rating systems. We can provide the acoustic assessments needed for sustainability certification, as well as providing advice at the earliest stages of design to achieve these ratings in the most cost-effective way.
Our commitment to sustainability is reflected in our working practices and we work hard to meet our annual performance targets for carbon emissions, waste generation, and waste recycling.
Carterhatch AA was founded in 2018 by Ismail Alli-Balogun, following 10 years of working at acoustic and multi-disciplinary consultancies. Ismail is a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics and is also a member of the Institute’s Education Committee, which manages the Institute’s education policy and develops acoustics-related education and training.