What we do
Our Services and Sectors
We offer acoustic design consultancy services that encompass all aspects of architectural acoustics, including:
- Internal noise level control
- Airborne and impact sound insulation
- Reverberation control
- Building services noise control
You can benefit from our expertise throughout the design and construction process.
Early stage acoustic design guidance, for example:
- layout planning to avoid the need for very high sound reduction between spaces
- initial acoustic performance requirements for internal surface finishes
Detailed acoustic design advice, for example:
- specifying attenuator performance to control building services noise
- selecting partition constructions that will ensure the desired sound reduction between spaces
Support during the construction stage, for example:
- advising on changes to construction details that could influence acoustic performance
- carrying out site inspections of architectural or structural elements that are important for acoustic performance
Flexible scope and location
Whatever the size or location of your project, Carterhatch AA can help. We have strong connections with other acoustic specialists across the UK and can work in partnership with individual technical experts and acoustic consultancies, where necessary.
Sustainable building design, construction and operation is now routinely expected. Our experience will help you achieve the ratings you want from sustainability certification frameworks such as BREEAM and LEED. These aim to maximise the acoustic comfort inside buildings, while minimising noise pollution created by buildings.
- acoustic assessments for sustainability certification
- advice early in the design process on cost-effective ways to achieve the acoustic requirements of BREEAM or LEED
Help to discover what you need
If you are not sure what acoustic design support you need, please get in touch. For example, if you know you need ‘good acoustics’ in a certain space but don’t know where to start.
We are happy to guide you.
Experienced acoustic consultant Ismail Alli-Balogun founded Carterhatch AA in 2018.
Ismail works to resolve what can be a major challenge for projects; incorporating ‘good acoustics’ into the design and construction of buildings. Where there are many other requirements to consider, such as ventilation, lighting and energy use, he finds the balance.
Ismail is a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA) and is an elected board member of the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC).